I seem to be back. My youngest is two and a half, which makes some things easier. Also, the fandom which was consuming my brain is fading and releasing its iron grip on my creative faculties.
Looking back over two years of intermittent posts, I see a few projects that need wrapping up, and many more things that need plain practice, not blogging, to become performance-ready.
- "Roland" deserves a project page and is otherwise ready for me to learn the tune and words.
- "Nam languens" never got a tune. Needs one, then needs a project page.
- "Sweetest Lover" is all right, but I should practice the Sequentia version too.
- "Miracle, New Joy" needs practice
- One or two new classes need handouts posted.
- For completeness' sake, I should post the country-and-western "Ariadne's Song" I wrote at the same time as "Christ and Theseus."
- I should decide if I want to make "Christ and Theseus" a performance piece.
- Finish reading "Rhythm of Beowulf" and figure out what it means for performance.
- By golly, gin up one of my poems with lyre accompaniment!
- Resubmit the ILL for the flute records
- Make the garb
- Review all the repertoire I haven't been practicing for 2-3 years and get it back in shape. No biggie.
- LYRE BOOK
- The Big Book of Early Harp References
...just a small list, you know.