Somewhere along the line, I got convinced that there was a Pentathalon at 12th Night. I think I was just confused, but I have a lot of projects going on right now...
- Kentish crystal ball in sling. I used twisted wire for the sling, which isn't a good historical pick (although it is pretty!). After reviewing my Pinterest board for these things, I may see if I can do any chasing on the aluminium band I bought to make something more appropriate.
- Snartemo II band - moving along well. Working in wool is sort of awful - so sticky! Undoing errors is hard. I think I wove one or two iterations of the design with a 1-turn offset error, which I've corrected. Accidentally narrowed the heck out of the band on Sunday. :/
- Brocaded band - got the burgundy silk yesterday! Not going to warp it up until the wool is done. Wish the silk was a touch more purple, but it is what it is.
- Artifact belt - My strap end is on its way, and I won an auction for a really cruddy belt buckle. If it's too pitted and corroded to use, I have one on order from Raymond's Quiet Press, too. I've done a little reading on bronze artifact cleaning and restoration.
- Beaded necklace - have gone through my Faversham grave catalogue, making color copies of the reconstructed necklaces, and have tried a few stringings with the beads I have on-hand. Not happy yet. Bought some amethyst beads on Fire Mountain Gem's Cyber Monday sale, woo hoo! Also, real silver hooks for the brocaded band, like the Cologne princess's.
- Doing a little poking into the boxes found in the Faversham graves, and what wood (beech) and hardware (nails, L-shaped brackets, lock plate, handles) would be needed to make one.
- Linen robe - the linen thread came. No other forward progress on this one.
- Lay of Guthrun - hoping to do a recording of this this week for my online class. May be with harp instead of lyre.
- Thor's Wedding - Urg, still needs so much work and a few more readings of the source material.