Historically Informed Performance
Yo Me Soy La Morenica, a 16th century Spanish villancico de navidad (PDF). (This performance is in Spanish, unlike the translation below.)
The Great Translation Project
Producing original, singable English translations of medieval and Renaissance works, for use in the SCA or other not-for-profit endeavors.
- Miracle, New Joys! A Christmas song from the later Cambridge Songs (Verbum patris humanatur O O, c. 1200)
- Love's Longing, another golliardic piece from the early Cambridge Songs.
- O Come, My Sweetest Lover, an eleventh century Germanic golliardic piece
- The Shining Time of Spring (A l'entrada del tens clar, French 13th cen.)
- None Suffer, The Holy Pork Chop Song (Non sofre Santa Maria, Cantiga de Santa Maria 159)
- A Spring War Song, Bertran de Born. Link goes to documentation; music and lyrics available on PDF.
- I,The Dark Woman (Yo me soy la morenica)
- L'homme armé
These are not mine, but why not link to them? More awesome medieval and Renaissance music in singable English:
- Beowulf: A New Translation for Oral Delivery by Dick Ringler. No music but an awesome translation for performance!
- PMS, the Period Music Songbook, by Lady Katherine Rowberd (Kirrily Robert). Mostly late period English pieces, some Latin. It's huge! A trove of period music in English!
- E, Dame Jolie, a trouvere love lyric, by Master Efenwealt Wystle (Scott Vaughan). (Download the music for $0.99! So worth it!)
- Douce Dame Jolie, Guillaume de Machaut, by Master Efenwealt, and by the John Renbourne Group.
The Maypole Project, documentation for an SCA-appropriate maypole dance demo in 2008 plus additional later material.
A Very Storvik Solstice, a collection of period and SCA-appropriate carols for group singing. Lyrics only, meant to be printed double-sided (except for Page 1) and folded over to make song books. (PDF)
Wild Geese Fly, September 2010
Processional for Novice Tournament/Challenge of the Heart, June 2009
Coronation April 2009
For the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival 2009 Winners
Oldcastle Memorial 2009
Endings and Beginnings
Storvik's Sea Captain
For Sylvanus Perrin
Thor and the Moose, for a competition at Highland Foorde
How Baroness Merlynia Defeated the Dragon, a mostly true story.
The Perilous Bed, an Arthurian tale with Sir Gawain in just a little bit of peril.
To Put the Devil Into Hell, Boccaccio's bawdy tale retold in the style of the French fabliaux.
Oldcastle Memorial 2009
A Baronial Birthday Song, just a silly quick filk
The Saga of Fishflinger
SCA-appropriate verses to "The Princess Pat" for a children's singalong.
Storviksaga, Poeta Atlantiae's August Acorn poem
Awakening to a Dream, Poeta Atlantiae's July Acorn poem
Branwen's Quest, Poeta Atlantiae's May Acorn poem
Coronation April 2009, Poeta Atlantiae's April Acorn poem
Englyn Milwr, instructions on how to write Welsh "soldier's rhyme" given in the form of the thing itself.
A Wedding Toast, based on Shakespeare, that I gave at my sister's wedding